To pin a batch file (*.bat or *.cmd) file to the Windows 10 Start Menu or Taskbar:
- Right-click on the batch file and select Create Shortcut from the context menu.
- Rename the shortcut to the desired name that will appear in the Start Menu.
- Right-click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties.
- In the Target: field, add cmd /c to the front of the existing text. Click Change Icon… if desired. Click Advanced… if you wish it to run as an administrator. Click OK to save.
- Right-click on the shortcut icon again and select either Pin to taskbar or Pin to Start.
- (Optional) Delete the shortcut icon as it is no longer needed.